Is your teen tuning you out?
- Are you frustrated with disrespectful communication from your teen?
- Are you tired of the power struggles?
- Is homework a hassle?
- Do you ever wonder “Will my teen make it in the real world as an adult?”
Do your parents sometimes seem like aliens?
- Do you ever feel like your parents don’t “get you?”
- Do you wonder how to talk so your parents will listen?
- Do you want to know how to get your parents to stop lecturing you?
- Are you scared about the future? Do you feel unprepared?
At long last—a practical, “how to” guide for teens to help them navigate the confusing transition from dependence on their parents to becoming responsible for themselves!! Author and Sociologist Laura Reagan provides teens with a detailed road map on how to build positive relationships (and influence) with their parents while, at the same time, honoring their own need for greater autonomy. The companion chapters on “How to Listen So Your Parents Stop Talking “and “How to Talk So Your Parents Will Listen” are exceptional at building communication and negotiation skills.
My name is Laura Lyles Reagan. I have a Masters in Sociology, specializing in interactionism and family communication theories. As a parenting coach and speaker, I help teens and parents create more meaningful and fun relationships by solving problems and developing effective communication. I am really excited about my new book, How to Raise Respectful Parents, which will be released soon.
I have worked in youth development for more than 20 years, primarily in the non-profit sector assisting teens and families to build effective relationships, solve problems and develop closer ties. I conducted research on youth development, mentoring and the ways parents can build better relationships with their kids which was published in the Journal of Applied Social Science (Dynamic Duos, April 2013.)Read more...